athletes foot

I need some remedies for my 9 yr olds athletes foot condition,I think its athleets foot. Anyways the bottom of his feet are really red and peeling like he's got a sunburn on his feet,both feet. I'm talking big huge pieces of dry skin come off, his feet look dryer than the sahari desert. Should I take him in and ask the doctor to get him something? Also I notcied today when he was playin on a blood pressure thing at walmart that his number was 102/97 should I be concerned about that 97? He is really gaining a ton of weight and I dont bring junk food into the house and they dont get sugary drinks,I'm extremely concerned about my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Health

• with all of the things you just said, I'd take him to the doc.
    As for athlete's foot, it should have a burning sensation. They have spray and such you can get at your local grocery or drug store. But it isn't an immediate cure, it takes a while.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 11:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• With the foot thing and the weight thing, I would take him to the doc, it could be diabetes? but I don't know.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yeah take him to the dr. I will tell you my son had Athletes food just like what you described I used that fungal spray. It cleared it up in a week. Throw out his old socks and get him a new pair of shoes because that stuff has a life of it's own. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would worry too much about the blood pressure, those machines can be wrong...although I would bring him to the doctors, and mention the blood pressure. If it is accurate, the numbers are too close together, and yes, the 97 is too high.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011