Teen Moms

I am 19 and 31wks pregnant with #3. Iam not married. But they all have the same dad we have been together for 3yrs. I dont live with my parents havent since i found out i was pregnant with #1. He works and i stay home with the kids. I take care of my kids. They know no one loves them more then me. I am a good mom. And i know a few teen moms andthey are great moms too. Why do people think just because your a teenager your going to be a crappy mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Because people are close minded. Age is just a number. You could be in your 30's and be a crappy mom. OR you could be 19 and be a better mom than that 30 year old.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Well, since I had my first at 19.. I would have to say the reason that people don't believe that you are good mom is because you are not seeing a reason to get married. And I am not knocking you.. My daughter has two and is not married.. It's just that my generation saw it as a responsibility to show your children that you are in a committed relationship by getting married. It really is a hard thing for a child to explain to others that mommy and daddy are not married and just living together. I know that when I was divorced, I made it clear I would not live with anyone unless we were married.. it's just the way I believe. No committment, no benefits!
    Anonymous

• I think its a case by case basis.....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• keep your head up as long as you are taking care of your kids thats all that matters I will say though that you should be careful how many kids you have I have 9 and it took a tool on my body lots of pain and problems after and premature labor but good luck and be strong

Cmm13

Answer by Cmm13 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• most of us dont set out WAnting to be a teen mom, we Want to have fun during young adulthood, go to school, find a profession, find our soulmates. and take PRECAUTIONs to not have kids too early and recognize that we really arent ready for kids that young. i would have felt irresponsible if i had my child before college, before marriage. it just seems irresponsible to have a child and not give them all you are capable of, if you had waited, you could provide more for them, (like a house of your own.) all of this DOES not mean YOU are a bad mom, but it is the basis of my and other mom's prejudgest against young teen moms, we were too responsible to be one, so since you werent like us, you must be irresponsible in some way... like use birth control....
    Anonymous

• not to mention so many young moms act very trashy, but this is all just my opinion, i am only 9 yrs older than you have one son, one on the way, work in my field, own 2 house, 2 cars, one dog, electric fence around the yard, new safe neighborhood, i am very proud of what i have earned with my responsible choices and hard work, that is another thing, we all need to be better than something ..
    Anonymous

• I dont think that people think you would be a crappy mom per se...I think that they feel its a child having a child and you will not be responsible enough to take care of a child. A lot of people also see it you throwing your life away. Its not true in any way but people just think above the surface...sad to say...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Well i was a teen mother 19 and I could give my child what she needed then just like I do my kids now I was responsible and used birth control and guess what it failed..... so lets not pin point teen moms as irrisponsable or trashy and whatever cause i see ALOT of moms older than me that have no business having kids!!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2008