pampered chef....i'm not understanding

ok so i did a party for someone. i was the 'host' of the party. why are the items so expensive?? like, they have a glass pan cover (JUST the cover/lid) for like, $35. and then, you have to pay taxes, then the S&H. by the time it's paid for, it's $43! that's alot for just a pan cover! and that's just one example.
I also don't get the S&H. why are they charging everyone that orders S&H, when they put it in ONE box, and send it to the host to pass out the items to everyone? if they charge everyone, i think it should go straight to the buyer's house. it really makes so sense to me.

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Shopping

• I've been to quite a few of those parties and have ordered some products. They are way overpriced and their products are not necessarily better than anyone else. I like some of the stones. Especially the flat ones. But if you get any stones with curves, they are almost impossible to clean. My favorite "party" product is still the good old Tupperware. Their stuff lasts forever. The Pampered Chef stones are very easy to break and they are also very heavy. Look out!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 11:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• S&H is based on the weight of a package. I sell candles and charge 4.50 S&H per order and I usually have to cover the remainder of the cost because it's not enough.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well I agree about the shipping costs. I do not get why they charge every one for shipping if they are shipping it to one address.
    What I learned on Ebay is shipping is a great way to make money.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2011