What do you think about this product?

Anyone have the diaper genie or tried it? My sister had it and didn't like it, but that was 10 years ago for her son. Lol. Maybe now it is better working.

What are you opinions about the diaper genie? Do you think it is a good product? Would you recommend it? What did you like about it or not like about it?

Thanks.

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• NO!! Its seriously gross. Its much better to just change your babies diaper and take it outside to the dumpster!! We had one for 2 weeks, and when we went to change the bag in it, there were little magets all over inside!! IT WAS GROSS. Trust me.. my house is spotless, they didnt get there from my house!!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i didn't like it either. we used a regular trash pail with a lid.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• BAD product. It keeps the diapers inside too long, and the liners get expensive to buy.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I have the Diaper Genie II and I think it's great! We have to change the bag 1 1/2 times to twice a week, and each refill lasts for about three weeks! We have no smell and no mess, and have never had anything even close to a maggot! Taking every dirty diaper outside was definitely not realistic for our household, and we love the Diaper Genie! I researched all of the different diaper pails before I registered, and the Diaper Genie II was the one I found to have the highest marks, and I can see why!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It's a waste of $$. I got one for my baby shower and HATED it! Just take the crappy diaper out to your trash can instead :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• i have the diaper genie II and im obsessed with it! i strongly recommend it to anyone who has or is having a baby. I change the bag like once maybe twice a week! i looked at a bunch of other ones and picked that one cause a friend had it and im so glad i did
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Waste of money...just take the diaper to the trash...we had one and never used it.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• when the baby was very little it was at best ok. when the baby got bigger and the diapers smelled I had to empty it all the time. it was easier to simply throw the diaper out in the oustide trash each time then to deal with the smell. not worth the money imo.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 7:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• It felt like I would have been better off getting a really good trash can that came with a tight lid and a bunch of bags, all would have been cheaper than the diaper genie that you have to buy their bags for it, and it works just as good.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• we have the diaper champ... it's awesome and you use regular trash bags instead of having to buy the special ones for the genie..... we had a genie at our church nursery and it took a rocket scientist to change the bags... no joke...

check out the diaper champ at babies r us or walmart or target....
    angeldud

Answer by angeldud at 8:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008