I'm five months pregnant and some women tell me I'm huge they say I'm going to have twins but I only care about the baby being healthy and what my husband thinks

5 months pregnant when you feel like crap and people insult you when your pregnant sometimes I want to be a total jerk back like they looked great pregnant I think not! I use to be thin but now I'm big it gets depressing even if someone is fat you just don't say anything thats just how I am but I'm not an azz.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, my belly got HUGE.I remember one person saying to me, when I was 7 months..."Twins any day now, huh?". I was like..."Umm, no, one baby in a couple of months", lol. A lot of people don't mean it as an insult, though, especially if they're just commenting on your belly. A lot of women want their bellies to get huge. And about the weight...don't worry so much. I gained 50 lbs and lost 37 of it within 2 weeks. I had lost 43 lbs by 3 weeks. I'm still stuck with the last 7, 15 months later, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yeah i got alot of that during my pregnancy. I started out at 125 and gained 65lbs during my pregnancy so by the end i felt miserable and unattractive. That mixed with hormones made me an evil witch to those who wanted to say how big i was. ITs something that some people never think of as rude until theyre in your shoes. Sorry you have to hear that!
    Nicolenew

Answer by Nicolenew at 11:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• My sister-in-law gained 80 lbs and she just had one baby he came out average about 6 pounds. Have you had any dr appointments? cause usually by now you wouldve had an ultrasound to determine the sex of the baby and make sure everything is going okay. Dont worry about what other people say, alot of people like to tell wives tales like "you cant put your hands above your head or the umbilical will wrap around the babys neck... I about died laughing when she told me that. Also, some point during your pregnancy you will have to take the gestational diabetes test, by having that, that can cause rapid weight gain and fun stuff like that
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I think sometimes people don't realize how hurtful it is when they say how huge you are when you're pregnant. Men especially! Try not to let it get to you too much, if possible. I know, I know, easier said than done! I hope you realize they don't mean any harm when they say these things.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• You're not the only one who has felt fat and unattractive. I gained 80 lbs as well and after birth looked like a damn zebra with all my stretch marks. you will lose the weight and get back to your normal size
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Yeah I remeber when I was pregnant a few people said to me "wow you must be having twins" and I wanted to say nasty stuff back to them but I just left quick so they wouldn't see me brust into tears. I hate a**holes like that. Don't worry about them you get through this just fine
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Seriously, people are dumb! Who is taught that it's okay to talk to a pregnant woman just because they have the belly? Would that person talk to you in a grocery store if you were not pregnant? I was bartending with my first and I got really big really fast. All the stupid guys would ask me how far along I was and when I said 5 months they would gasp and say "it had to be twins then". I was so hurt, sad and unhappy by getting these comments that I would eat even more. I gained somewhere between 50-60 pounds (I stopped looking at the scaled after 32 weeks!). I was really bitchy to anyone that said anything. Or I went with lies- I'm due any second, I'm having quintuplets, my husband is a linebacker, etc. Hang in there - the weight is only temporary, and you look beautiful to all those who love you and are happy you are enduring this for that baby!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011