Should i start to date a new guy that my son been around alot and Should i Tell his Father that I am dating?

My son father and me had not been with each other for about 6 months... I just don't  want my son to get hurt because he see my with someone new..... I like this guy very much and i found out that he like me back. My son likes him alot but i just dont know what to do. Do u think its to early for me to start to date someone new? My son is 14 months old   Can you guys help me out

desi8809

Asked by desi8809 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• If you like him, and he likes you, then why not? you can't live your life in fear that your son is going to get hurt because he sees you with someone new, it's going to happen weither its now or 20 years down the road....or u never know, he might react different, but regardless, u have to make urself happy. And no, I wouldn't tell ur baby daddy, what's it any of his business anyways? ur bound to date, so he's going to assume anyways =)

goodluck!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• How old is your son? For me personally, I wouldn't date a guy and involve my child until I knew it was a serious relationship. I wouldn't tell my ex either as it's none of the ex's business. The only reason they would need to know is if this person will be a big part in your child's life.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 11:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Well if you think it's a serious thing, but I wouldn't start dating a lot of guys and subjecting your son to that, be sure of who you have around him. You have to live your life for you, but I know you also want someone who likes your son and your son likes in return. As for your ex he should not be involved in the picture if he's your ex. Just keep your son in your mind when dating , don't subject him to too many guys, make sure it's a serious guy.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think it's the courteous thing to do in telling him that you're interested in dating again. My husband did that for his ex-wife.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My son is 14 months old
    desi8809

Comment by desi8809 (original poster) at 4:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If you feel comfortable allowing your child's father to know you're dating then go ahead...and if you feel comfortable allowing your child to be around every guy you date, then do that too but consider the fact that your son may get attached to a guy that you're dating (short term) and all of a sudden the two of you split up...where does that leave the child? When you begin dating, you first find out if the guy you're dating is worthy of being around your child...you don't allow your children to see every man that you're dating...JMO...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011