The Discovery Channel is teaming up with the Vatican to create an exorcism reality show, Will you watch?

The Discovery Channel is teaming up with the Vatican to create an exorcism reality show, James Hibberd reports:

The Exorcist Files will recreate stories of real-life hauntings and demonic possession, based on cases investigated by the Catholic Church. The project includes access into the Vatican's case files, as well as interviews with the organization's top exorcists -- religious experts who are rarely seen on television.
If the show's first season is successful, the network hopes its partnership with the Church will pave the way for producers GoGo Luckey to take the series to the next level -- joining Catholic investigators on live demon-purging ride-alongs. (Move over, Syfy's Ghost Hunters.)

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Wow. Seriously? I'm surprised the Vatican would allow that.

Will I be watching it? Hell yes, lol. That kinda stuff scares the crap outta me, but I love watching stuff like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• lol @sunshine

nope, not going to watch it. It's not something that should be taken lightly, like making a tv show about it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, that sounds interesting.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 11:34 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• lol first time i read this i read "Disney Channel" and i was like 'whaaaaat?!?!'

probably not though, i think it would scare me too much :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:36 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Oh thats funny. Just another way for the church to cash in!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No. I won't be watching. They're making money off of something that is a real and serious thing.
    Anonymous

• lol sunshine i know what you mean, i cant even read scary stories without turning the light on when DH leaves for work :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• oo that sounds interesting...but then i dont care if they are real, re-enactments, or flat out fakes, i love a good scare!

but i wont be watching cause i aint got cable :(
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'd probably check it out...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• absolutely not... they are principalities of the air and air waves are part of it.. who's to say what those demons will do to even those watching! [shane]

Really? REALLY? Does this mean that you never watch TV?

And you do realize that these will be RE-ENACTMENTS, not the actual events taking place, right? 

As for watching ... Might watch one to see what it's like but not being very fond of the Vatican, may not. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2011