lice

ok my daughters and i had gotten lice in nov had it all cleared up and gone by thanksgiving.took me 2 weeks to get it gone....washed everything bagged stuff up for more than the required 2 weeks.well all of a sudden i find an egg on my lil girl tonight im pissed.with all i went through and my girls.and i just finally got halfway caught up folding and etc. no i have to re wash all their clothes again...this is crazy but anyhow to my point.ive got it pin pointed to who it may be from where they got it the 1st time to now...the same to people have revisted again .........my ? is would you ask them to not come here anymore ?im tired of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do what you have to do. I would say yes, its a touchy subject but it has to be brought to light. So it doesn't keep happening. Having to wash everything alll over is quite annoying. Does their parents care as much as you do about this subject ?!?!cause they should!
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 11:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• OMG!! I FEEL UR PAIN! My mom checked my 2yo's head on CHRISTMAS day, and yup..what do u know, she was INFESTED!!! Ugh took us nearly 2 weeks to get rid of it all. She got it 4rm a family members house, which is known to have it due to a friend that literally lives w/ it...(it's nasty!) ... I wouldn't let them come over anymore if i were u, i would make excuses up or something, i kno how stressful it is, and very time consuming, not to mention, a hell of a lot of money to put out. baby oil and the lice comb (not the one that coems in the kit) u have 2 buy it seperate. its metal and very find comb, it works MIRACLES!!!!!! im sorry momma, i hope u get rid of it. if she gets it again or if i find an egg i swear i will jump off the balcony lol
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• This is what I did when my kids were little and it really works, go to your local drug store and buy a bottle of tea tree oil, add some to your childrens shampoo. Lice hate the smell of it and your children will be lice free. This is less expensive than tea tree shampoo. Good Luck!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• A drop or two of tea tree oil in your regular shampoo bottle will keep them dead and away. We used to have trouble with lice each and every year until we learned this trick. Hope it helps.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Are you sure it was an egg? Was it possibly a dead egg?

I would ask whoever you're suspecting has it if they've had a problem with it. If they try to come over with lice, I'd tell them no. They're being rude for putting your child at risk of catching it if they're aware of it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• I would say yes, you don't want to have to clean everything every time they visit. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• omg i had lice for SO long when i was in the 3rd grade because i guess i had 'super lice' which were resistant to the shampoos at the time. i would talk to the people who came over and be discreet about it, say something about how your LOs have lice and that they should be checked. dont blame them because then they might get really defensive
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:47 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• Did you find live lice or just an egg? An egg might have been one you missed. Did you retreat her the 7-10 days after the first treatment?

My DD came home with it from school so I know how much of a pain it is. Plus regardless of how uncomfortable the convo may be have you asked the ones that you think it was from? If they are the cause they might not know their kids have it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• do what you have to do...if it's not inviting the people back then don't do it. a tip, when we got lice, my mom slathered our hair with mayo, made us sleep in it with a ziplock bag on our head overnight, and wash with dish soap the next morning. literally, we never had lice again.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• its either a friend or the developmental therapist who visits a lot of kids those are the only 2 people who have been in our house recent....and thats it.....i dont think its a dead egg we found her itching Nov 1st found it was lice Nov 5th....got rid of them for good the week of thanksgiving..and then all of a suddon tonight cause me and my girls have been itching again more than usual.again.so i decided to check my oldest and find a stinking egg.im treating tommerow since its so late.we hadnt been itching until within in this week.and the developmental therapist isnt needed anymore we just enjoy her being here and girls get along with her but to me its not worth it to have lice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2011