How often do dogs have to get shots?

We just got a puppy for my daughter,he had his first set of shots...so how often do they have to get them. I know they get like an annual rabies vaccine.

bbbrussell20

Asked by bbbrussell20 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2011 in Pets

• not they go 3 times in the first year of life for the series then it is once every 3 years after that
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2011

• The puppy shots are given every 3-4 wks until about 16 wks of age (at this time, they will also give the Rabies shot), then a booster will be given 1 yr later. After that, hopefully your vet will use the every 3 yr protocol. More and more vets are moving to every 3 yrs. The only one that is required by LAW is Rabies and I believe that every state law is 3 yrs now, BUT you will have to follow your county/local law (some are still stuck on the yrly requirement, which I think is stupid if your state law says 3 yrs)!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2011