16 & Pregnant

Okay, I can't help it, I love this show & TEEN MOM, but i'm also 21 years old, and I don't think it's okay or ''cool'' to get pregnant at 16! Part of me thinks this show is good, but i think some episodes are glamourized. When I went on the MTV website, I saw the page you could 'sign up' for to be on the show for 16 & pregnant, i mean, granted i know u have to sign up to be on a show, but my goodness, i'm sure there's girls out there getting pregnant, in hopes of getting on the show.

what are your opinions on these kidns of shows?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Entertainment

• I know that MTV wants to show how hard it is to be a teen parent but the people on there just disgust me so much. I don't remember her name but there was this girl who let her bf cheat on her and she keeps running back to him even though he is a complete douche and he's in jail now too. ugh just makes me sick, these girls are desperate for attention and MTV has given it to them.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 10:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I like the show, and I think while they started out with good intentions it has blown up into just another way to get famous for being stupid. I won't stop watching it because I find it entertaining, but I do think that some girls are getting pregnant in hopes of being on the show. Instead, they should be looking at the show as it was intended, a way to show how hard teen moms have it and hopefully discourage others from following the same path.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i dont like it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Haha I like and watch the show too but I agree. I can't help but think there are teen girls out there trying to get pregnant just to be on the show. BUT people watch it, so shows like that will go on..
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I like to watch the show. Have you seen these girls? They really are having a tough time. I would hope girls are not just getting pregnant to sign on. What are they paying them anyway?
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Amber had to disclose her salary to a judge because of the domestic violence and she stated she made 280K last year!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i agree totally with you, its as tho some shows kind of 'encourage' people
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011