Did I just urinate on myself while sleeping or is it something more serious.

Im only 5 weeks pregnant and never have been pregnant before. This afternoon, I was cramping and I was really tired so I fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later because I had to urinate. When I got up, I thought I felt my pajama pants sticking to my leg, then I realized I was soaking wet. Did I pee on myself? shouldnt I have woken up if I had to be like I usually do? It doesnt smell as strong as it usual does. When I went to urinate, it was a normal one . no blood or anything. but now my stomach feels a little sick and a tiny bit different. and I read that sudden gushes of water from your vagina is a DANGER signal of some sort. My mom has had tons of miscarriages and I'm afraid that I'm going to have one.

vannahf26

Asked by vannahf26 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 5 weeks prego is really early, too early I think, to be leaking amniotic fluid. You might've peed on yourself.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 12:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If you think it was something other than urine or normal vaginal discharge you should go get checked out.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You won't have much of an amniotic sac yet, so I wouldn't worry too much about that option. That's more of a danger later in pregnancy. You may have peed. It happens, especially during pregnancy, and with the hormones, your bladder is going nuts! If you have heavy bleeding with the cramping, be concerned. You can call yoir doc if you're still worried, but I'm guessing they won't be too concerned, in all honesty. Try to get some sleep, mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 5 weeks is WAY too early for that much fluid. I wouldn't worry, cuz the baby is about the size of the top of pen ( the writing side) and there is no way u would leak that much fluid. Good luck to u.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 12:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i would think maye you were just so tired and maybe alitle worried about your cramps you just were sleeping hard and maybe peed yourself it happens welcome to pregnancy. also with pregnancy comes alot of extra vaginal fluid so that to is a possiblity. If you are still worried call your dr but im sure its ok. good luck mommy.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2011