Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever choked on anything?

what was it?

 
ILOVEMYBOYS704

Asked by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 12:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

Level 21 (10,595 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I just got a piece of lettuce stuck down my throat the other day from my salad. It was a long piece of endive! My 6 yr old son came to my rescue said, "Open your mouth Mommy and I will grab it out!" I got it out using a spoon and pulling it back up ( sorry TMI ) and I said,"See what Mommy gets for not chewing HER food all the way! It unfolded and I didn't properly chew it." He was so sweet wanting to help me!

    When HE was 3.5 he swallowed a magnetix ball. A week before a 4 yr old swallowed 2 and they connected and he died. My son came up to me and was gagging and choking. He had one in his hand to show me. I patted his back, it wouldnt come out.....he breathed thru his nose....and he could breath as he swallowed. I gave him a sip of iced tea. Had to go to the ER and make sure it was going into his stomach, not lungs.

    He thank GOD was OK...that ER trip scared him since not to EVER put things in his mouth like that.
    LilyPondOasis

    Answer by LilyPondOasis at 5:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • I choked on a whopper when I was 8. It was awful. I ran into a picnic table to get it out, YUCK
    Opie99

    Answer by Opie99 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • When I was a kid I tried playing "gumb ball machine" and I got a nickle stuck in my throat. Whoooops...
    AtHomeMommy-3

    Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • Me, no. My daughter choked on a sweet tart though. I was a Paramedic back then, her and my nieces are running around the house at my moms. I saw her out of the corner of my eye. I ran over there and did the Heimlich... it popped right out! I don't know who was more afraid, her or I!!
    m-avi

    Answer by m-avi at 12:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • I choked on my prenatal vitamins. Not because they were so big( and they were!) but I breathed in when I was swallowing and it forced it into my throat. SCAREY!!!!!
    Robsmommy

    Answer by Robsmommy at 10:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • Yeah I swallowed this huge ice cube the long cylindrical ones. Lucky for me as I was starting to panic I realized that I would breathe it had a hole in the center. It was the weirdest feeling of choking and melting. I will never forget that feeling.
    mmmegan38

    Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • Shoot... Gum** not gumb!! Sorry. lol
    AtHomeMommy-3

    Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

Next question in Health
Post-op infections

Next question overall (Relationships)
Your Opinion

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN