When did they start letting people change the catagories you post a question in?

Personally I think its a little rude for your question to show up elsewhere then where you, the OP intended it to be. For example I had a question regarding the game, I put it in crazy for credits because it was referring to credits, not in the cafe mom category. I interpret the Cafe mom Category as questions regarding the site itself such as groups etc. I can understand If you accidentally put something in the wrong spot like a recipe question in beauty and style, but CM should have to ask you if you want your question moved, esp if someone else requests that it be moved.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 12:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I noticed this a few days ago as wll. I wasn't sure how questions were being moved. I still don't lol
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yea i did no or notice and i think thats rude :(
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Once you reach level 26, you're allowed to suggest a category change. If you get three others to agree with your opinion, then it's changed to that category. From what I understand, Crazy for Credits is for the credits you get here in Answers. If it's a game that you play on CM, it would go in About CafeMom.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's another one of those features that you have to earn. I think it's like Level 26 or something. You have a Recategorize button. You earn points that way.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think that's stupid, sorry for anyone who doesn't. I don't ever see questions that are in a wrong category. But I do see a need for some new categories. When you reach level 26 you should be given a chance to suggest new categories or to vote on them.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• That's strange... haven't noticed that yet.... YET!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's been happening for ages. If you absolutely don't like where they put it, just click edit question and change it back. Keep in mind, they can always move it out again if enough people think you have it in the wrong place. Usually it gets used when people post ALL their questions in the about cafe mom section because they don't understand the categories even exist.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have seen a couple of complaints about it the function but it isn't like any one person gets to move it, A bunch of people have to agree that it is in the wrong place.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I actually think the ability to change categories is a good thing, and most of the time the people who change them are using common sense. I see stuff that is OBVIOUSLY in the wrong place (ie--"how can I get my 3 month old to sleep through the night'" posted in the Food and Drink section) and it is helpful to the poster herself for it to be recategorized so she can get more answers.

As far as your question goes, the Crazy for Credits section is only for people wanting to trade credits, bumps, and best answers, not for general questions about the points system, so that's why your question was moved. You'd be a lot more likely to get good answers in the About Cafemom section anyway than the Crazy for Credits area.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• shruggingI never noticed this before I don't see where people would really care enough about where someone else put their question at to move it.

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011