Another question about pregnant and tuna and shrimp

So yesterday i didnt know i was pregnant.. thought maybe.. but didnt take test untill today when hubby got paid.
Yesterday for lunch i ate 2 tuna patties, and for dinner i had sweet and sour shrimp.
Is this going to affect my baby in any way.
In my first pregnancy the doc told me no fish or sea food at all except for 1 serving of tuna a day.. but i ate more then 1 serving, and i ate shrimp.
Help?!

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 6:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Probably not a biggie; just don't make a habit of it... tuna is actually pretty high... just be careful and don't eat tuna as often as you are and you should be alright. See the link below for Mercury levels.. http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm

leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• NO. I ate tuna when I was pregnant. As long as you do it in MODERATION then dont worry! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I think you'll be fine! I don't eat shrimp but I eat tuna and my doctor said no more than 2 servings of tuna in a week. There are lots of people that do much worse not knowing they're pregnant and their kids are fine.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You're ok, just be careful with the seafoods and deli meats from now on. Moderation is the key. ;)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• What about hot dogs? I read somewhere that your not supposed to eat hot dogs? I remember when i was pregnant with my first i didnt eat them.. and at 8 months i wanted a corn dog! So i amde my husband call the nurse (Im my old town you couldnt talk to the doc directly) and she said as long as they are beef?
    Only beef.
    Have you guys heard anything about that?
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 6:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You can eat lunch meat and hot dogs as long as they are cooked... I have never heard squat about them having to be beef only...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• the reason being is the listeria bacteria that may exist on them...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Eh I ate all of that stuff (including cold lunchmeat and cooked hot dogs) and my kids were fine. Moderation, as with everything, is the key.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I never was told about tuna until my second pregnancy, and I had a 6 inch tuna sub almost every other day. My mom was anemic with all her pregnancies and they told her to eat tuna to get more iron.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2008