dd/gr 1/family tree

my daughter brought home a sheet tonight that we have to fill out..it wants both sets of grandparents' names..moms name..dads name..and then Alexis (my daughter)...so as i was helping her fill it all in, she starts saying NOOO and told me NOT to write her dads name down,or "those other people"...and i said, but theyre youre family..and she said no, YOU and grandma and grandpa are my family..and i said, but so are they..and she said no, i dont want them in my family...(her dad, and that whole side of their family has absolutely nothing to do with her, and havent in almost a year)...sooo..should i just NOT put their names down?? and leave it all blank?? the teacher said that later this week they will be using this family tree in a "technology activity"..i dont really care either way..but the thing is...is i dont need the teacher saying stuff about mommy and daddy falling in love, and blah blah blah..cuz that sure as helllllllll didnt happen with us!!!!! i just dont know if i should add the names..cuz technically they ARE her family.but..she was really adament about not wanting their names written down....

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If she doesn't want to include then, then I wouldn't. If the teacher has questions, she can call you and ask why it wasn't filled out.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 12:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i wouldnt include them, but i would write a note to the teacher why
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i would just send a letter to her teacher explaining that in respecting ur daughters feelings u dont want to talk about her dads family
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• She shouldn't have to. Let her leave it blank and call and explain it to the teacher. Does she have a step dad? maybe put the step dad in. If not, again I am sure the teacher will understand.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• As much as it is a pain... the kid has to face people at school and show it, respect her wishes?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011