Any mom out there ever feel like a failure?

I feel like at times I have failed my children. My daughter doesn't come to see me and my son is in jail. I don't know what I have done to my daughter. My son didn't grow up in a stable home. Thus, I feel like I have failed them.

ladygardener

Asked by ladygardener at 12:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• If there were not times when I felt like a failure I do not think I could recognize the actual good I have done. But, the times I feel like a failure are pretty hard to go through.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 12:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I feel that failure is a moment to moment choice. Sometimes it offers options if I read the certain things certain ways, like what you ''read into'' in life.

We can re invent a wheel , just pick a wheel.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i dont go see my mom and she always ask y but growing up i didnt think she was the best mom she could be she treated all of us different so i have my reasons and im sure your daughter does to maybe seek counseling for u guys and see where she is hurting n your son is making his own decisions and you didn't raise him to go to jail so its not ur fault just be there for them and try and get them to spill the beans on why there distant from u good luck :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have at times felt like a failure although my daughter is only 13 months old and my second child is on my way..i mostly feel like a failure because my daughters father left me for one of his ex's and went back to using drugs and drinking so now its just me raising her i have help from my family but i feel like this is interfering with the bond i once had with my daughter
    Sweet_Pea09

Answer by Sweet_Pea09 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We all feel like we have failed out kids at one point...but we are only human. If our kids only see us do well how do they learn to handle things when they don't go their way? in our failures we can teach them how to move on and figure things out.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• women are inherently hard on themselves and put the weight of the world on their shoulders. It is okay to accept help and other's ways of doing things. Like, I dunno....Dad's?
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011