Female dog in heat

How long does the bleeding part of a heat cycle last? Not much longer I hope! This is day 4 :( She's a lab, and this is her third cycle.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pets

• My female's lasted about 4 weeks. It was disgusting, but she's done now. Pregnant now too!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We have a lab too, almost 6 years old, and she lasts 7-10 days usually. She's an outside only dog though, so I don't have to deal with it. I really want to get her fixed but DH (the D does not stand for dear, on this subject) wants to get a litter out of her, even though I say no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Fix her, then you don't have to worry about heat issues.
    @AtHomeMommy, yes, be happy, more puppies to add to the pet overpopulation problem. More dogs that will end up in shelters because people didn't take care of them. Do a jig, you're an awesome pet owner.
    Anon, good for you for not wanting your dog to breed. She is far too old. She should be brought inside too, but your husband sounds like he isn't the greatest of pet owners. Perhaps sit with him and google difficult pregnancy for dogs or something.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 8:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• agree with acid.....sad
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011