Final Chapter in My Worst Nightmare

Today my son passed away, 35 years old, way too young to die. I just wish that I knew last night was going to be my last night with him. When I went in to tell him good night for the last time, I would have climbed up on the bed with him and held him tight, one last time!
The last month I have had with him has been wonderful. He was sober, and we spent so much time together, laughing, crying, and just talking. He was his old self, and I thank God that He gave me this time with Travis. I also thank God that He has taken Travis home with Him, removed him from his misery, pain, and demons that ensnared him on Earth.
I would ask of each of you just one thing-tell those that you love-how much you love them and what you treasure about them-each and every day that you have them. People have told me that I use the phrase I love you, too often. But I have always felt that I never wanted to have to say: I wish I had told them I loved them!
I want to thank each and every one of you that has shown me kindness and love over the past few months. It has meant the world to me, and you may never know it, but it was so generous of you to offer me the solace and goodness that has been given.

MamaAlice54

Asked by MamaAlice54 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hugs to you.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 1:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm so sorry!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 1:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thank you for the hugs Noosa, and thank you for the kind words twinmama2five!
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I am so sorry D:

It is a real tribute to the kind of person you are that you try to comfort us and help open our eyes to our loved ones when you are suffering so. Bless you Darling. I will say a prayer for your son tonight.

Big HUGS!

Sympathy & Strength Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sorry to hear about your son. You'll both be in my prayers tonight. I went and kissed both of my boys and told them that I loved them, even though they are both fast asleep, after reading your post. God Bless.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Such kind words! Thank you Sleeping Beautee, and dmbutler, I am drawing my strength from prayers of dear people like you, Thank you.
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 2:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your lose, you are such a strong person and I will pray for you.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Praying for you and your son. It sounds like you have a wealth of strength. Hugs.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 7:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• So sorry for you loss of a child. It doensn't matter how old they are when they pass....they are a part of you always.
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 8:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Wow! You brought tears to my eyes. You are right, you can never tell those you love that you do love them enough. God Bless you and your family at this time with comfort and peace. You are in my prayers.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2011