HCG shots

My sister & BIL did them. My BIL looks cracked out. He swears by them, but do people not realize why you lose weight so rapidly? You only eat 500 calories A DAY!! That can't be healthy. Would you ever try it?

Ashlynnsmommy07

Asked by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I did try it and so did my BIL and we DID NOT have to eat only 500 calories a day, we just ate Lean meats, and certain fruits and veggies that were recommended for our blood type. It was a great experience and I am preparing to do it again since you can only do it in 3 or 6 week intervals. My brother in law is on his second cycle and he has just reached his 100 lb mark. He was 339 lbs when he first started out! It's great if you do it the way we did and you have to remember that no matter what, your health comes first. If at any point you feel your health is at risk, then you should stop and re-evaluate the situation. I liked it!
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I can't believe people fall for these kinds of diets. If people had ANY nutrition background or physiology background, they'd know better! There are major health risks with the hCG diet, including DEATH! I would NEVER try it. I'm doing well with eating clean. I've lost 39 lbs so far! It's not as fast as it would be if I cut my calories to 500 a day, but I'm also not starving myself, or "resetting" my metabolism (which the hCG diet claims to do).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The hCG diet claims to reset your metabolism??? What a giant CROCK!

The only way you can increase your metabolism is by eating the correct combinations of foods....

The hCG diet is a great experience? I remember a decade or so ago when everyone claimed phen phen was AWESOME and a miracle cure....we all know where that led, right?

hCG is a hormone, people....think about that. Think about what hormonal replacement does in some menopausal women, think about the cancers it causes.....

No way, no how. I'll put the fork down and step away from the plate first, thankyouverymuch.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No. Eating healthy foods (and some sweets in moderation) along with staying active has always worked for me.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well I personally do not know any thing about it, but I have been hearing for years that hcg is a healthy thing. I am sticking with south beach..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I could not even try it. On only 500 calories a day, i would become a maniac & i might do crazy things....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ive only heard of poeple having great success with it. I'm going to try it, won't hurt me to only eat 500 calories for a few days.
    Anonymous

• 500 calories? Holy crap, that sounds dangerous!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• my sister wants me to do it when I'm done nursing, I don't think so!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Comment by Ashlynnsmommy07 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jan. 8, 2011