Anyone wish to share their VBAC experience?

I had a c-section with my son 4 years ago. I'm now pregnant again and would like to do a vbac. I know the logistics and satistics but I would love to hear some personal stories. Thanks!

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 1:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My DD was born by VBAC. Went into labor with her while we were out to dinner celebrating our wedding anniversary. 16 hours of labor. 1 hour of pushing, and she was born! It was absoultely was a beautiful experience, I got to help deliver her, and nurse right away. It was INCREDIBLE!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had 1 c-sec 6 years ago and a vbac nearly 3 years ago. The first step if you haven't already is find a dr that is ok with a vbac Make sure this dr knows how to turn a baby around if its in a bad position and also has experience with forceps and vacuum if necessary. I went totally no drugs. Because I wanted to be natural and because I didnt want to be too numb and lose sensation to ush. Plus without an epidural you can go faster a lot of times. They told me upfront that they couldn't induce me at all because of the whole rupture thing that was only 1% chance and I was ok with that because I didn't want more intense contractions anyways!!! I was in active labor(meaning from the start of dialation) for only 6 hours. The time seemed more like 2 hours. I labored all day before going to the hospital because the contractions were widely spaced. Honestly it didn't really become too painful until 8 cm. I did end up tearing cont
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• because no one offered an episiotmy, which I would have been fine with. I was at the hospital on a Sunday morning from 1am-7 am in labor. The dr was sleeping and the nurses IDK what they were doing but dh and I were alone laboring which was fine with me. They dropped the ball on checking on me after awhile though even though I was progressing fast. Ihad already tore when the nurses came in. I didn't need anyone to tell me I was 10 cm lol. They ran to get the dr and he couldn't even get his scrubs on fast enough. The nurse had the baby partially out and he was still out of it He insisted of vacuuming though because the heart rate dipped a bit and drs get nervous when that happens even though its normal with each contraction, the baby is literally being squeezed, She came out perfect, just a little dry skin from being a week overdue was it. APGAR was like 8 and 9 ,even better than my c-sec babeand they said they NEVER give 10's.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• my daughter just delivered her son after her first son was delivered by c-section. she had him natural no medicines anything.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• (Come by the VBAC Moms group for more stories.)
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2011