I have a 4 week old baby boy that has Gas and only gets it in the evening and last about 4 hours. I have tried the Tummy drops and another brand of drops and nothing seems to be helping. Any tips??

Jtsmom3

Asked by Jtsmom3 at 1:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That sounds more like colic actually because there is no reason why gas would be only in the evening. If it is gas then burp more freqently during feedings. If it is colic, talk to the baby's dr,
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• some babies do get cranky at specific times of the day and yeah they call it colic some times giving soothing baths work but sometimes the baby is stressed because you are. babies can sense your moods so take a deep breath and remember this will pass it only lasts a short time. i have a friend who put a piece of mint candy in the baby's bottle and she swore it stoped the baby from crying and being colicy you can try it if you want it didn't hurt her baby any. good luck
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 2:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• chamomile tea with brown sugar totaly safe and works......warm cloth on the belly.....might soundcrazy but ly him on his belly..all this worked for my son...plusi cahanged his formula to nutramagin for colic....best of luck
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 5:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• with my kids I would lay them on my knees and then push their legs up into their belly's..it always seemed to help. I do agree it could be colic though, My middle child had it at night time from 6 - 9 and no matter what we did he was not happy, it lasted a couple of months and then passed. I would give it a little longer and see how he does.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• lay him on his belly across your lap and rub his back. also if its gas definately need to do more burping. once he learns to fart youll be ok tho. maybe tmi but my nephew was so miserable every day. then one day he farted and was the happiest baby in the world.
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 12:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Its not gas, its called the "Witching hour". Alot of babies get it, and it can last anywhere from 1-4 months. It is perfectly normal, there is usually no reason to give them meds. My son had it from the time he was 6 weeks until he was 5 months old. He was cranky every evening from 6pm until 9 or 10pm when he finally fell asleep. He was unhappy and crying the entire time, I would just hold him and rock him until he would sleep.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Hello! You might want to try probiotic drops! My doctor had mentioned it to us..She said it could be worth a try..& it was for us! It seemed to help my friend's baby too! They are $36..But since it worked, it was worth it for us. Here's a link..http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/biogaia-probiotic-supplement-drops/ID=prod6038951-product
    We ordered it from Walgreens. There are other sites as well.. I'm pretty sure it can only be purchased online..It's not in-store anywhere. It didn't need to be prescribed, but you can always mention it to your doc. It's the healthy stuff in yogurts..helps digestion.
    gessylin

Answer by gessylin at 1:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I used chamomile tea it really helped my boys. gl
    klhoe

Answer by klhoe at 5:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011