How accurate is the first response test ?

i took a test with the (first response) but the first one came back negative i waited 4 days to take another and it came back positive with a very faint pink line i havent missed a period yet but im feeling some of the pregnancy symptoms . what do you ladies think ?

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• False positives are very rare..... If your testing early before you are even due for AF the lines usually will be light!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Charis76 , i took the pregnancy test 5 days before my missed period .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 2:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You are Knocked up Congrats! If you want to see a dark line you can test in a couple of days...... You can also just call your doc but mine would never do a test until you were actually late.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I've had 2 babies with First Response. Both were faint lines. The reason the first test you took came back negative is only because the pregancy hormones have to be a certain amount to show on the stick. Like their commercia says,"There is such a thing as being a little bit pregnant."
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Pretty sure you are pregnant :)
    carseatmama

Answer by carseatmama at 2:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• They are very reliable when done correctly. I would say pregnant. I would also say congrats, but not sure if you want to be. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• False positives are EXTREMEMLY rare and if you tested before your missed period it's VERY NORMAL for the line to be light. Typically if you test every 48 hours for a few days you will see the line gradually get darker. At a point it will stop getting darker and some tests are more sensitive than others so if one test is suddenly lighter it doesn't mean you are miscarrying.

CONGRATS!! and good luck!!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sounds like your pregnant hun. Congratulations.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I used a first response when I was pregnant with my son. The line was VERY faint. So faint I went out and bought a digital. Lol. No denying those results! "Pregnant" is pretty hard to ignore. But the point is, that test is very accurate and if you had a faint line, you're pregnant.
    toykeymama

Answer by toykeymama at 10:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011