37 weeks pregnant..

I went to the doctor's Monday and I haven't started dilating yet. I am getting weird pains though. I get mild menstrual type pains a couple times a day. I also get these weird pains right above my pelvis that almost feel like muscle pains.. i only feel them when i get up from the couch or get up from bed.. Also, I have a weird feeling in my crotch area.. almost a pain/needing to pee for a slight second feeling.. This is my first so I am not familiar with what all goes on. If anyone can help me out it'd be appreciated. Thanks! :D

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 2:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Being that this is your first baby you may not dialate for awhile. Just about any pain in pregnancy is normal. Baby is getting your body ready for the big day!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sounds like you're having round ligament pain. The round ligament attaches your uterus to your labia majora (lips), which is why you get the pain there during the times you do. Not much you can do to relieve it, except maybe a warm pack (not too hot, for Baby's sake, and not for very long).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Also, don't stress about the dilating/not dilating thing. I've had women dilated to 4 cm for MONTHS, and I've had women all closed up one day and holding a baby the next. There is seriously no point in cervical checks, other than making the mom feel better. I plan to refuse them the next time around. Don't put too much stock into them. They truly are meaningless.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Braxton Hicks contractions. Your body is gearing up for the labor ahead.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011