How many crackers would you give a 3 year old boy for snack?

My son is in preschool and sometimes for snack i'll send some crackers, but i never know how much is enough. If I let him, he'll eat a whole box, lol. So my ? is, how many crackers would you give a 3 year old for snack?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i always just give my daughter a handfull..usually about 7-8 regular sized crackers..and if she gets the goldfish crackers she gets 2 small handfulls
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Typically, you'd want to stick to portion sizes (keeping in mind that portion sizes on the containers are meant for adults). But as for my kids....I give about their size handful and if they want more, they can get it. But my kids are SUCH terrible eaters; I feel like I have to force them to eat.

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 2:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Depends on what size crackers. I'd say if it's graham crackers then about 2 full sheets.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• A serving size - whatever it says on the box is a serving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• we let them snack throughout the day. ill put crackers and fruits and veggies out and let them go at it. they have always bee picky eatters so i found if i just leave it out where they can see it and excess it then they will eat. my kids are 3 and 2
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 1:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 5 to 7 with cheese
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• What is a serving size? Generally about 5 - 8 crackers. For a small child, I'd 1/2 that. Do you give cheese of peanut/almond butter/ humus as a protein to go with and make it more filling?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i give my son his age. hes 4 so i give him 4 crackers
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 11:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011