Should i be worried ?

Ok i have a daughter thats almost 2 she will be 2 in april and she says little baby words but shes not wanting to talk at all im starting to get worried about her i know the limit for toddlers to start talking is 3 years old any suggestions ladies it will help out alot ?

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My ds was like that. I was worried for awhile but he came around. He just wasn't interested in talking, he was more into playing. Now he is 6 and talks non-stop. If your dd still uses a paci though or sucks a thumb that could be hindering talking.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• SweetLoveofMine ,yes she sucks her thumb alot i took her paci from her along time ago how can i get her to stop sucking her thumb .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 3:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The only way to break a habit is to create a better habit. See if you can get her to do something to keep her hands out of her mouth. At night time, maybe put mittens on though she'll probably fling those off. When I took dd's paci awayshe started wanting a wet washcloth in her mouth to chew on. I let her do it and after several months she outgrew it. During the day try to keep her hands out of her mouth by coloring, drawing and other playing. Try not to scold because she'll probably want to do it more.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My DS didn't really start talking clearly till he was 3yo, now we can't get to stay quiet ! lol Its normal. Our DS had to do some speech therapy in school at first but he's all caught up now.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If she isn't talking by 3 I would seek professional advice, some children are late bloomers.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 7:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My son was like that but I wouldn't worry he just walked up to me and said "you okay?" me: "yes" him: "alright." and he was like your dd. ONe day she will just start talking. I recommend you keep talking to her don't give up it's fine.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• my now 3 yr old didnt talk until a month before he turned 3 and that was because my friend who is a special education teacher said put pbs on all day and see how he does. he was talking within a week. my dd is 2 yrs 3 months and she says alot of words from listening to brother
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011