How do I get my dog to quit scenting the house?

We are staying with dh`s aunt and uncle. We have a male dog and they have a male dog. I just caught my dog peeing on the corner of their bed. I don`t know what to do to get my dog to quit that. I will be keeping him out of their room from now on. Any tips, please?!

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pets

• If he isn't neutered, then neuter him. That will fix that.

If your dh's aunt and uncle's dog isn't fixed, try to get them to fix their dog too.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 8:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ut him outside, get training pads...obedience training
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i havent had a male dog in a long time but it is a behavior issue....i read a book on dog training this summer and if i remember you should make a high pitched noise(ehhh ehhh) and take him outside each and every time...may take a few days but he will stop when he realizes it is not ok. also use a good odor remover for pet accidents to prevent him form redoing this. i read a great book by Victoria stillwell called it is me or the dog. try googling her website maybe she has something on her website. i learned so m,uch form her show and book before we got our pup in september. best of luck
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• its a dominence thing, get him fixed....problem solved!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011