do u think u are "from" the place u were born, or the place where u grew up?

i know a lot of people claim they are from california but they were born in oregon and moved to cali at a very young age. i think that a person is FROM the place they were born and one cannot change where they are from. on the other hand one can choose or change their place of residence. what do u think??

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I grew up and was born in the same town, so that's where I'm from....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I disagree. My parents were military. Both from CA, actually. I just happened to pop out when I did, doesn't mean I'm from Asia. There's no Asian in our families. I was born on a military base on American soil in Asia. Since that time we moved all over the planet, but since all my family is in CA and I spent the most time there growing up[, I simply adopted CA as my home.

Home is in the heart, wherre you feel home is. I had no choice where I was born or what my residences were while growing up.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 8:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Where I was born

Answer by admckenzie at 8:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well for me it is one and the same, I was born and grew up in the same place.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• to add: When people were like you and insisted I was Asian, I would argue about it. Finally got tired of arguing about it, and just learned to tell a white lie about where I'd been born. For years now I've just claimed to have been born in SoCAL and it forgoes that entire drama and I can "be from CA" if I want to be. I've lieved there most of my life at this point so there'd be reason to question it. lol
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 8:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• When people ask me where I am from, I always tell them where I spent the majority of my life. I was born two hours away but in Maine that is akin to a different state.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I say I am from the place where I grew up. It is part of me even though I was not born there.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I was created in Oklahoma. I was born in an Army hospital in another state. When i was two weeks old, momma took me back to Oklahoma and I lived in Oklahoma until I was 18. I am an Okie to to the core.

Why should I claim a state for which I I have absolutely no recollection?
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 8:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• oo... I got 1 4 u anonymous y does it bothr u with all the texting this is how we talk now if u own a phone or a computer...lol its no big deal really....I like 2 use it 2.

hv a nice day!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i belong to both ;)
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 8:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2011