Throwing up?

My 2 1/2 year old threw up on Tuesday. Just once and then he was fine. Actually seemed to feel better. Sunday and Monday he had a fever. But then today he just threw up again. And ideas on why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• There's a virus going around here....everyone is gettting it. My daughter started with throwing up a few times over a 2 day period, then it started coming out the other end... my son threw up the same day my daughter started, then had no symptoms until day 5 and he threw up in the night again. DH didn't throw up, but had the, ahem, other.... thankfully I have not gotten it, knock on wood. The dr. said its a stomach virus that everyone is getting and it can last 1-2 weeks until you're completely back to normal. While my kids have been throwing up and my daughter pooping all the time, they have really not shown any other symptom. In between "episodes" they are perfectly normal maniacs running around here. Biggest concern is to keep them well hydrated. GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• did he cough first? my son has been throwing up first thing in the morning cuz he can yet cough up the yucky stuff in his throat/chest. he goes into a coughing fit then upchucks. hes perfectly fine afterward and goes on about his day
    treystiredmommy

Answer by treystiredmommy at 11:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No he wasn't coughing either time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• He had a stomach bug? REally sometimes those things come back to get you. You feel better and then you eat what you want and guess what your not fully healed. Wammo your puking again.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• its a virus and everyone is getting it. Some puke and others have the runs. It affects people differently but where I live everyone eventually is getting it.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I've had quite a few ppl post on facebook about rotovirus going around like crazy right now
    bethany49

Answer by bethany49 at 4:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011