Pregnancy & Fifths disease??????

I am 7 weeks pregnant and a little boy in my daughter's preschool class has Fifths disease. My daughter has had it and you can't get it twice. But my daughter's birthday party id this Saturday and 4 little girls from her class will be coming to my house. So i am scared of being in contact with it. Because you are contagious before you break out in the rash. So one could have it but not show signs yet. Nobody at the school knows that I am pregnant. So I don't know what to do? Maybe I should stop worrying! Anybody been pregnant & contacted Fifths disease?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I suggest that you keep a lot of hand santizer and Lysol wipes around... Make sure the kids are cleaning off their hands and wipe down the ares they are touching a lot with the Lysol ... Don't forget door knobs. After they leave just clean everything with regular lysol and water ... (or whatever cleaner you use)
    That way your daughter can still have her party, and you can put your mind at ease.
    AllAboutYou1223

Answer by AllAboutYou1223 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The danger with pregnancy & 5ths is not that you'll contract it, but that it will get to your baby - it is harmful to the baby and can deform or kill it. If you've already been exposed while pregnant, I wouldn't worry about more exposure, but I'd be calling your doc ASAP for monitoring.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2011