Hi baby how are you? I missed you? Now watch the kids...

So dh is finally coming home today and I, well, I am excited....buuuuuut i'm also really really really tired.

Seems like every time I clean up an area of the house tornado "childrenofmine" comes whooshing through.

I know if it were me and I had been gone as long as he has, the last thing I would want to come back to is a messy house. He is understanding of things. But all the same I don't like him or anyone for that matter seeing a messy house.

I mean the place is in "eh" condition right now. Laundry that needs to be done. At least 2 rooms need to be vacuumed. The living room has blocks and books in there.

So the question I pose to you ladies is this: If it were you, would you finish cleaning or go to bed? Perhaps just take a nap?

**DD has been up all night---didn't fall asleep until an hour and a half ago.
**I've been cleaning pretty much all day, but once the boys were home from school it became a madhouse here.
**He won't be home for another 4 hours

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 9:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Take a nap to refresh. You can bust butt for an hour before he gets there :) No need to drive yourself crazy. He loves you and the fam (not the house). It seems I have blinders on half the time at my house. I pick things up and within 5 min everything is everywhere.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I say take a nap - but set the alarm clock so you can wake up and just finish up - It doesn't have to be perfect but you know just make it nice. He's been gone a loooooooooooong time - I'm sure he wants to come home to a nice clean house :)
    AllAboutYou1223

Answer by AllAboutYou1223 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Just do your best he has to understand you have kids.
    Just make it presentable for him (like grab everything stick it in a basket and throwing in the closet..for now) don't you forget about it and get to it when you get around to it., as for me I'd rather for get about it....lol Just concentrate on your hubby and be with him let him know how much you've missed him and for get the rest...:)
    Oh! after everything is said and done then you slowly creep up to your regular routine...believe me it will work out for you.
    So for now throw everything in a basket toss in closet and get you some rest girl..your gonna need it and hubby will appreciate it too :)
    Have Fun!!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Id take a nap for an hour.. then get up, make a pot of joe, put some music on and get to cleaning.. :) I make my kids clean up too...
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would go for the nap. Good luck to you, and congrats on getting hubby home :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Nap. If DH has been gone for as long as you are implying, then he's not going to be concerned about the condition of the house, he's just going to be happy to see his family. The mess will be there later for you to clean up, but you're only going to get one chance to greet your husband after his long absence, don't you want to be rested & refreshed to do it?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Put the kids to work with you, if they keep making the messes have them help you clean them up. I would want to get the house nice before he came home, but that's just the way I am.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011