After dating someone for awhile...How long would you say you guys are serious or ready for something to happen?

You know alot of people make the mistake of having sex right away after they meet then life begins....If only we can just get to know someone then have the sex there would be less divorces I think...Am I right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• after the 90 day lust period that's when thing begin to settle down and you relize if this is what u want!!!
    pmccabe813

Answer by pmccabe813 at 9:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i dont think sex = divorce is correct, no. If all the guy wants is sex, he wouldn't bother marrying you, he'd either leave you after you did the deed or find another girl, why go to the trouble of getting married just to get a lay?

to answer the main question, I think its dependent on individuals. There is no one size fits all answer to this.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• II agree with the previous, I don't think divorce has anything to do with having sex. Well a lot of marriages come to an end from LACK OF SEX. Now if you were to ask about relationships breaking up or having children - Then I'd say yes a lot of people do have sex too quickly with out REALLY getting to know the other person - Then a baby comes in and one of the parents (usually the mother) is left to care for that child herself...
    AllAboutYou1223

Answer by AllAboutYou1223 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I know that my ideals are considered out-of-date and/or old-fashioned, but I believe that the only appropriate place for sex is within the confines of marriage. Aside from what I think are moral issues, the minute you bond physically with a person, you have short-circuited the process of getting to know each other on the level of emotional and ethical compatibility. That is not to say that it can't still happen, but it will take much longer and it will be much more difficult to discover those bonds that make for a lasting marriage. The denial of sex in a pre-marital setting will, in many cases, eliminate a number of potential spouses who simply are not interested in anything except immediate self-gratification. Anything that is really worthwhile is also worth waiting a while to have, and the anticipation of having it is a beautiful thing. So, I agree with you that waiting is a good idea, but I say wait until marriage.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011