Who is excited about Ron Paul overseeing the Federal Reserve?

Those of you who consider me a liberal might be interested to know i voted for him in the primaries.

I think his son is a total douche riding on his daddy's coat tails, but daddy, on the other hand, is someone who will actually act in the best interest of the people.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 9:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i like the idea of Ron Paul being in charge of most anything in politics. i dont always agree with him (about 50-50), but he seems a lot more honest and real than the majority of politicians, and i admire that. i dont think he will ever be allowed to change things too drastically, but he will hold others accountable and do the right thing (at least more so than another politician would).

i know nothing of his son, so i wont say anything about him either way.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I like Ron Paul and I agree with you on his son riding coat tails.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 9:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Because of this:

"Fed transparency will be the cornerstone of my efforts as subcommittee chairman"

He has been wanting to audit the Fed and now he can.

This is why,
    On another note, of the $1.25 trillion purchased under the Fed’s “Mortgage-Backed Securities Purchase Program,” only $877 billion in purchases have been publicized. What happened to the remaining $400 billion?

He is a great guy and would make a great President, he would be tough and cut a lot of the B.S in the Government!!

And he's son is not a douche, it just means you have not studied the guy. You just listen to what the media has said, by turning his around to sound like he is racist. He is not!

UpSheRises I'm not shocked that you like him, he sticks to the law why would anyone not like him? That is what we want from our politician.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree that his son is a douche. Every time he opens his mouth I wish someone would sew it shut permanently.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Didn't he want to get rid if the Federal Reserve?

I go back and forth with him, he has some GREAT ideas then some wacky ones...and he is a big proponent of term limits but has been in his position for 20 years..a bit hypocritical

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think Ron might be the best official we have right now for the job of overseeing the Fed.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• LOL! I think his son is a total DucheBag too, but i like Ron for the most part. There ARE a few things i disagree on with him, like the abortion issue & wanting to privitize certain goverment run agencies.

BUT- Ron is a really smart & pretty fare fellow. I like him!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If the Fed were abolished, he wrote last year, “the national wealth would no longer be hostage to the whims of a handful of appointed bureaucrats whose interests are equally divided between serving the banking cartel and serving the most powerful politicians in Washington.”

It is not hard to imagine Mr. Paul lecturing the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in a committee room: “You can absolutely veto everything the president does. You have the power to veto what the Congress does, and the fact is that you have done it. You are going too far.”

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm happy that he is overseeing it, but I will only get excited when something happens.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• He has been wanting to audit the Fed

So did Barney Frank

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2011