Why do I feel like giving up? I am mad.... at my self right now....

Long story short, my kids are all good kids, teachers love them, parents love them and of course I love them dearly.

I did teach them respect and they are respectful, to love and not to be selfish....

Only with me, they are out of control. Remember mom and dad were together and now we are separated. Working on it, in therapy for my self, teen and (teen and my self together as of Tuesday). so on....

It is just so hard, last night we didn't get done with homework, getting our clothes out and everything else until 9:00pm, and it is bed time. I just want fun time with them, to play a games, watch a family movies, we even skipped church school because then they get to bed at 11:00 and I can't have that...I miss family time... :(

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• my son is an angel, except with me. Since I left his father, who usually did the discipline since i was at work a lot, he wont listen to me at all. He will listen to my SO more than me. Its ridiculous. Hope things get better for you :)
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think what you are seeing is fairly typical. I know that doesn't make it any less frustrating for you, but I also know that Dad's authority in our home meant a lot more than did mine, and we were never separated. So, I think your children are kind of like mice playing while the cat's away. Dads tend to be a bit more heavy-handed, and children really do tend to respect them more than they do Mom's authority. I sometimes had to tell our children several times what needed to be done, while Daddy could say it once and it was done.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm sorry that you're feeling this way. I don't have anything to offer besides a hug. I'm glad you're in therapy.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011