How do you feel.....

How do you feel about forcepcps and a vacume when your give birth and do you tell your doctors that you dont want them to use them how dose that work?cause i dont want them to use them on my son when im having him.i heard it was a bad thing for them to use them.

andrearhodes

Asked by andrearhodes at 9:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I told my doctor I didn't want to use them unless it was that or a c-section. I did fine in having both of my kiddos.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Im not for them but......if they need to use them its the right call. they know what they are doing. I didnt want a the med to make contractions come harder but mine stopped i needed it. then ended up having emergency c-section. Trust the doctors. They will try to stick to your birth plan but if something happens, they will do what is needed. Write a birth plan and share with the dr before you go into labor.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had a birth plan, which said to avoid forceps and vacuum (pointless for us).

Then, when I was in labor, my son got stuck and was in some distress (heart rate going way down). The talk went rapidly to C-section or vacuum. They probably could have gone straight to a C-section, but they wanted to try the vacuum first. I did'nt want that, but I didn't want him to suffer brain damage or anything else either- and what were my options? Emergency C-section? So I allowed it, BUT as they were prepping the vacuum and did an episiotomy (which I had not wanted either, but at this point? Least of my worries- they needed it for the vacuum work), anyway, I pushed HARD and out he came without anything.

So, I'd say first you talk to your OB, then whoever will be with you in the hospital. Have a plan for if the baby is stuck. If you prefer a C-section, tell them. Especially your partner, who will be able to argue when you are too busy to!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• They have to do what they have to do to save your baby. They don't just go using stuff unnecessarily. I loath the phrase "birth plan" as the mother of 5 I am here to tell you...there is no such thing. Each delivery is different, and you never know what is going to happen. Just relax, try to have a positive outlook, trust your doctor and enjoy your baby. Women from the dawn of time have been doing this...it will be OK. Best of luck to you!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would be scared it would hurt my baby :( I hope they dont have too...
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011