How do I ween my 7 month old from breast milk

ikneeka4

Asked by ikneeka4 at 2:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't! I'm just kidding. I mixed pumped milk with formula little by little. First 2/3 pumped milk and 1/3 formula, then 1/2 and 1/2, etc. The biggest challenge is to get them to take a bottle. Luckily my DD took a paci, so the bottle didn't take a lot of convincing.
    ella_mom

Answer by ella_mom at 4:33 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• May I ask why since weaning age is generally age 1?
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Don't let people be rude to you about weaning. They don't know your circumstances. I was exclusively pumping close to six months with both of my children. Cut out one feeding every couple of days. It may take a while to cut out all the feedings. Take Ibuprofin for the pain because it is an anit-inflammatory. Put ice packs on your breasts every couple of hours to help swelling. You can also put cold cabbage leaves on them. It feels so good! Don't quit cold turkey. Someone told me to do that, and I regretted it. Talk about pain!!!! Gradual is much better!
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 7, 2008