my 20 month old just will not eat and is always cranky because of it?

My toddler always says eat or drink but when i actually fix it for him and put him sitting in his booster at the table he throws it all over or dumps it out and screams until i take him out. We have him on a very regular schedule, he goes to sleep anywheres from 9-10 at night and sleeps thru the night until around 7:30-8:30. He has bath time after supper. We try very hard not to break his schedule. I try to give him 3 main meals and 3 snacks a day. He has been off the bottle since he was 12 months old and drinks only from a sip cup or cup with a straw.. Lately he is always cranky and fussy and just never seems happy. He always wants to go bye bye. I try to only allow him healthy food and not junk food but when he goes to his grandparents they all refuse to give him healthy and give him junk food or chocolate in his milk and then thats all he wants so he just doesnt eat at home i guess? I don't know what to do anymore with him!

ljsav08

Asked by ljsav08 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the crankiness is probably just part of him being a toddler. the way he eats for you is also normal toddler stuff, and most likely a phase that will pass. my 2 year old (just turned 24 months in december) is also very picky, and will only eat breakfast, a little bit of lunch, and her in between snacks. i literally cannot get her to eat anything for dinner but spaghetti. only until lately, now that i give her ketchup with whatever i serve for dinner she'll eat it. i tell her it's chicken, even if it's baked pork chops, fish, whatever, if she thinks its chicken she'll eat it as long as she can dip it in ketchup. as long as he's still growing properly he should be fine. if you're really concerned discuss it with his pediatrician though, he may be able to offer better advice or atleast put your mind at ease. good luck :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011