Craigslist...

Goodmorning everyone =)

My question is ... After hearing about all the killings, rapes, robberies, ETC do you still use CL? If so, how do you go about meeting...

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We use it all the time, but I have a DH who is 6'3 and about 280, so I don't worry about ppl starting crap with me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I still use it but if i meet with someone we have to be in a public place but you know something i am a babysitter & i get alot of clients off there some parents leave there kids the first day they meet me its nuts they dont ask for refrences, or to see my home am just saying as a parent i wouldnt leave my kids with someone off CL thats just me
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Where I live we have another site kind of like craigslist except its called lejeuneyardsales.com and it basically is the same thing but for some reason I trust it a bit more. Plus, most of the people selling and buying are military and are on base. Most of the sales exchanged, I have only been willing to do on base.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Marie - I use it sometimes, but after watching the CL killer on Lifetime, i'm a little more iffy now than I was before lol. No offense, I would NEVER use CL as a tool to help me find a babysitter, nevertheless leave them w/ one the first day ''/ moms these days are crazy! LOL ! I'm sure u understand where i'm coming from, no offense to you.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I do still use CL, but I always make sure that either my DH, my DS or my Dad are home with me when someone comes to see something I have for sale. We also have two very protective dogs that would be happy to "take a bite out of crime" if given half the chance...lol. Even if I'm selling something smaller & could meet the person in a public place, I still take someone with me with a cellphone at the ready, because you just never know.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes i completely understand but hey it's good for busniess for me i am a stay at home mom & i make a killing off the crazy mothers on there

Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Marie - great for you. if i had my own home w/ a basement, i would turn that into a daycare center, always wanted 2 do that!!!!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• That's how I got the three kids I'm keeping. It was free so what could I lose, was my form of thinking.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011