50th birthday party? small update, more info.

Ok ladies, I need your help. My dh turns 50 this year, in, Nov., and I would like some ideas on a big party for him. The reason I am starting to plan now is money, it's tight, and I want him to have a good party. We can have the party at our church, it will hold a couple hundred people. I need ideas for food, punch, gifts, decorations, etc.... Please Help Me!!!!!!

Okay, a little about my dh, he likes hunting, fishing, harleys, (even though he doesn't have one). Other than that he works hard and loves his family. His favorite color is green. I am torn between two themes for the party, one being Fifty and fabulous and the other being The buck (like deer) stops here. What do you ladies think?

A.Perry

Asked by A.Perry at 9:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• black and silver cake, balloons.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Do you want a meal or finger foods? Do you want to go with a fifties theme? Is he into anything that u could use as a theme?

I know someone who had a curious george party for his 50th but it depends on what your husband is in to. You could even do a laua theme or have fall decor. I would pick a theme first, then decided on food that works with theme.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• For cheaper tablecloths that look nice you can buy top sheets at walmart for $3 each. Make sure you fluff in dryer and iron before using. Our tables were long and we had to overlap them but they looked great and come in tons of colors.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2011