Husbands help(vent)

I don't ask my husband for help because I am a SAHM. Even though I also babysit twin girls. I have been sick for the past 4 days. I haven't been cooking a big dinner, just canned soups or spaghettio's. There are still dishes to wash and he wont even as much as do them when I am sick. Yet he gets mad when he goes a few days without getting any. I just don't feel like I am appreciated, I tell him all the time. And I feel he could at least help when I am sick if not any other time. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• No your not wrong hold out until his ass picks up a dish, a broom, & a mop you are not the house maid
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You're not wrong and you're not alone. I think many of us SAHM's feel the same way. I gave up years ago thinking my husband will help with anything. His biggest contribution is telling our 14 yr old to help me.... What a guy.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• He should help!! Hope you feel better soon. Ive been sick this week too. my SO has been helping with the chores and dinner and the 4 yr old. Try talking to him and asking for a little support/help
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No, but sounds like a man..

I would ask, sometimes with some men you have to ask... Help, I need help....

My son he is 7, and my two daughters 8/11 if they see me tired or under the weather, they start to clean, and do things without me asking..Which is the first but if I am healthy and running around they would rather play...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Maybe you could tell him that if he helps around the house you will feel better quicker and he may 'get some' sooner..... otherwise if things are piled up you may have a 'relapse' and he won't get any for a few weeks....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My DH is very helpful around the house, and when I'm sick he does it all, but that being said, there are many times that he doesn't notice the things that need to be done and I have to ask him. Nagging never ever works. I get so ticked that I have to ask him and that he doesn't just know to do it, but that's just the way it is. When I do ask him nicely he is always willing to do whatever it is, so since I end up getting what I want, I try not to focus on how incredibly annoying it is that I have to ask him in the first place... GL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had to tell mine what to do and when to do it so no your not wrong. I would tell him what you need if momma aint happy no one is!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Pay back is a bitch...just wait til he is sick and do the same to him DO NOT do a thing for him...marriage vows are in sickness and in health and til death do us part...he is being a really big meanie...he should be more considerate and be happy everything else is good in life. If I were you I would have to tell him and be specific what you need bc men will just walk around like they don't know or maybe they don't know they're dumb sometimes..ugh! Let him know whats on ur mind and remember don't forget to say Please and Thank you...lol (jackass) don't say that just say it in your mind....lol hope u feel better soon bc if u don't get better you guys are lyble to starve to death...lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thanks, ladies. I just think it's sad we have to ask for help. Maybe that's what I need to make him do. Ask for meals, clean laundry, clean house etc. Maybe that will get the point across. Lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Remind him you are partners NOT his mommy too! (or his maid for that matter!) Remind him you took vows- "in sickness & in health" & right now you need his help while you are not feeling well. Yes, a lot of men need to be hit over the head w/ a frying pan to drive home a point. (not literally- I am not promoting spousal abuse- lol) What we would automatically see & jump in to do, they are oblivious to. Hope he steps up & that you get well soon!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2011