Wrong timing

I went to the doctor December 6th and was told i was 6 weeks pregnant. i then went the following week was told by some ass doing the sono "somethings wrong with ur baby it appears you could be early stages of a miscarriage because the bay isnt developing the way it should". my husband and i left nervous and scared our worst fear was coming true. I didnt have another doctor appointment until yesterday scared out of my mind for the news that awaited me and they say "oh your only now 7 weeks and the baby appears to be fine" i wanted to punch her in the face for misguiding me a fews earlier and stressing us beyond belief but was happy to hear all looked good. my question is how many of you had been givin the wrong gestation period and how often does this occur?

amanda21384

Asked by amanda21384 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am glad to hear you didn't have s miscarriage.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I wonder about that a lot. I was pregnant 5 yrs ago and wasnt sure of date of last period. I had a sono and there was no heartbeat so they told me I miscarried. I had to have a D&C but to this day I wonder if the date was just wrong......
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i could understand if perhaps i didnt know the date of my last period but the first day of my last was November 3rd and she still calculated wrong ughhhhh like i said im just glad everything is ok
    amanda21384

Comment by amanda21384 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Honestly - the gestation and due dates are all estimations. Just because you know exactly what date your cycle started the month before doesn't mean that you ovulated when everyone else does. Our bodies are unpredictable.

As for the ultra sound tech....she was just interpreting what she saw on the screen with the information on dates that the docs gave them. You said she told you that you "could be" in the early stages of a miscarriage. She didn't say you were. Again, she was doing her job and interpreting what she saw on the screen with the information given to her by the doc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Um I would make a call! Legally, and ultra-sound tech cannot give you any medical information regarding the results of your scan...only a doctor...she could lose her job...and maybe she should.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011