Job interview need some advice

After loosing my job a few months ago and having two small children i finally have a job interview new week at a post office being a mail carrier. I'm pretty nervous only because i never know what questions to ask after an interview and they ask "what questions do you have for me" I never know what to say and usually dont ask anything. So my question is what do i ask when it is my turn?
Thank you

Malibu1979

Asked by Malibu1979 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I agree you should ask questions, but I don't know anything about being a mail carrier? Your answers should be honest but brief don't give them more detail then they need. I would start thinking now about what do you want to know about this job. Type them on a piece of paper and bring them with you. If they answer your questions over the course of the interview when they ask you if you have questions. Refer to your sheet and ask any unanswered questions or say no you have already answered my questions. Have the paper shows you have come prepared and put forethought into the interview. POINTS!!!

christinato

Answer by christinato at 11:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Advancement opportunities
    Training opportunities (and ongoing training)
    Is it on foot or driving?
    What an ideal day is like
    Safety precautions that are offered (and is there training for it)
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 4:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Adding: I guess it depends on what you already know. Do you know what your weekly schedule and hours would be? do you know about their time-off policy? Is there a probationary period? Insurance/benefits?
    Always ask how soon you'll be notified about the job.
    Don't forget to send a thank you letter.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 4:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011