Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps


Relating to custody, is there any difference to having a girlfriend spend the night versus having her move in? I know some custody papers actually say no overnight guests of the opposite sex while child is visiting.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Can't say about everywhere, but here if they can't have overnight guests of the opposite sex, then no they can't live with someone either. The only way the other party could stay in the house when the child was there is if they were married.

    Answer by mommy11260 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • you'd have to read your divorce decree. everyones is different. if you have no decree or custody agreement then i dont see how someone can dictate to you what you do in your home.

    Answer by lillie70 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.