Ok I really NEED HELP!!! (dirty diaper!) adult content

I just changed my LO's diaper, and it was GREEN (as peas) and very runny! if I didn't hold the diaper a certain way, it WOULD have just poured out like water!!!! And not to mention, it smells like a backed up sewer! UGH I WANTED TO PUKE!!!!!!!!!

is this sign of infection? it's HORRIBLE and i'm sooooo tired of changing diapers like these, i'm trying to potty train her, but it just ain't happenin. (she'll be 3 in july BTW)

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be a number of things. I know my DD is allergic to Hawaiian Punch...I gave her the green kind and it did the exact same thing. Try to think what she's ate in the last 48 hours. Anything green? Has she had juice that is green? If not, I'd call her Pedi.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• DItto Crafting Mama: Is this a chronic problem or was this a one-time thing? If it has lasted for more than a couple of days, get her to the doctor!
    Linda G.

Answer by Linda G. at 10:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• How often does she have diapers like this?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's been going on for 3 days now, if not 4, i have a bad memory! I thought it was the ceral she ate for 2 breakfasts' in a row (cap'n crunch) but she only ate that 2 times, and it was small amounts.....so i figured by this time it would have already went away if it was that, which i'm sure it's not now. Her doctor SUCKS, so i'm in the process of finding a new one that accepts her insurance. I took my LO (11months) there and he didn't say nething, just said she was sick. well i took her to the ER, to fidn out she has the flu and pneumonia. .... ya, told u he sucks lol
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• sounds like a stomach virus to me. I would wait and potty train when it passes. stick to the BRAT diet for a few days.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• NOPE!!! Nothing green, that i can recal
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It sounds like rotovirus to me. Call her doctor - he/she may want a stool sample. It's a virus that just has to run it's course, but it is extremely contagious and can dehydrate. So be careful and make sure she's staying hydrated, and try the BRAT diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I believe purple liquids can turn poop green. She could be allergic to something she's eating. I know a child that had bowel movements like what you described due to allergies.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011