How to deal with Hypothyroidism and Hypomanic Depression?

Though I was genetically doomed for hypothyroidism, I didn't think it would happen so soon. My cousin, same age, was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, so I got tested and came back positive as well. Though mine is not as bad, I am currenty on 75mg synthroid... possibly going up next week.

Recently started seeing a therapist and he said I show classic symptoms of borderline bi-polar depression (i buy things to make me feel better, it's my high, nothing over the top but stuff I really don't need but want)and put me on Lamictal. Currently up to 100mg twice daily... probably increasing today after my visit.

I can't lose any baby weight to save my life, DS caused me to gain 60 pounds! I followed a healthy diet... excersized a few times a week without overdoing it and was working full time! Now am a SAHM, tried P90x and weight watchers online with little luck. I am stuck at 200lbs... can't get below... no matter what! i still use our total gym each day, jump rope and take DS for walks... still, nothing!

I don't think it'll ever happen... i feel together sometimes but am constantly thinking of how i look, my husband is very supportive and loves me no matter what. Although, he's a really hot and sexy Marine... I want to be hot and sexy again.

I eat every few hours, but barely want to eat anything anymore just to lose the weight. My doctor approved me for lap band, but the surgeon said I'd have to gain about 10 more lbs... give me a break, I'd rather do it myself.

With alot of other issues like hating this current duty station, having a difficult time making friends and spending little time with my overworked always tired husband, I am miserable.

I just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there who had these same problems and what you do to cope orr what medicatioons you may be on. Should I make a change?

Thanks!

jillhdz

Asked by jillhdz at 10:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• There are so many different meds out there for Depression, if I were you, I would find a different one. The depression med could be the reason you can't loose the weight. Best of luck hun
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2011