Have you ever had an experience with a spirit or ghost? If so, please share your story.

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 10:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've had experiences since I was 3 years old.

While visiting Alcatraz, I had a ghost approach me and warn me not to enter one of the solitary confinement cells, because I would die if I did. I found out later the specific cell to which he referred was the site of several mysterious inmate deaths. I believe they may have been dragged from the cell and beaten to death by guards.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes, my husband I were separated it was horrible. I was very upset I cried all the time. This particular day I had cried a lot. I woke up in the middle of the night as I often did I wasn’t sleeping well back then. I went the rest room came back to my bed. After I laid down I felt as though someone was standing beside me. I turned my head and there was a women in a beautiful white dress, couldn’t see her face, I turned my head to the other side of my bed and there was another women over there. My heart started to pound. The woman next to me put her hand on my arm and said “honey its ok we are here to tell you everything is going to be OK.” I blinked they were gone. I sat up in my bed and thought I am not dreaming I am awake. I was very comforting and I can still vividly remember that moment.
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Which story lol? I've had too many experiences to count (my BFF's house was haunted, my aunt's house, my current house, random other houses I've visited, etc.). Only one was really scary,though, but that's a long story. When I was about 5, I was staying at my great aunt's house and I woke up, went to the bathroom, and when I went back to the couch to lay down, I saw my great grandmother (never met her, just saw pictures). That's the shortest story lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My great grandma passed when i was 4. When I was in middle school shestarted to visit me. Just sitting on my bed... she does now periodically more when it is a stressful time. My great grandpa out lived her by about 16 years and would always tell wonderful stories of her... and what she thought of me ( he says i was her fav...and also 1st great grandkid) she had long white white hair and a gentle soal I hope she really is up there helping me out when I need it
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Only in my dreams have a seen a friend or family member that has passed...I have however felt a weird breeze on my shoulder at certain points in my life. My mom has too and we like to say its my grandma (her mom) and we both got tattoos on our right shoulder in her memory.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ONE time...I was lying in bed half asleep, you know when you are in between waking up...Well I felt the far left side of the bed go down as if someone was sitting on it. I though it was my DH, so w/o opening my eyes, I asked him what time it was. He didnt answer and so I turned over to face that side of the bed. I felt it move as if he got up so I opened my eyes and called his name. I was scared shit-less when I saw him at the doorway of the bedroom greeting me as if he had just got home from work. The bed had a butt print on it, so I asked him why he didnt answer me...he was puzzled. When I realized what happened I freaked! It wasn't my kids b/c at the time my babies where 3y/o and 4months - and ASLEEP! My DH just brushed it off, but that was only the beginning of paranormal activity in that house.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No i have not had that happen to me at all.
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• yes
    female spirit in my parents home, all 4 of us as kids 'knew' of her
    when older (20's) sister and i talking about her, were saying she came with house because never comesin new part of home, just then she did, sister felt breeze go quickly through room, i saw light sweep through quickly, an ornament fell off christmas tree at this time, did not break
    another story
    moved into a home, just boxes, not moved in yet, i was alone, i placed a picture of Jesus up on wall, when i placed it on wall, i said out loud "if you get along with this man, we will get along fine (i felt someone there in home) just as a placed Jesus on wall, the light bulb in the hall nearest me popped-like when you switch it on and it goes, i said out loud, "i have plenty of lightbulbs" as i replaced bulb i said out loud "if you can get along with this man, we have be fine, if not go to the light"
    continued...
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• cont..
    year later i was asleep on couch, husband down hall in bedroom
    woke to him yelling, i saw smoke and smelled it, he came in room saying same thing, we looked for fire-found nothing
    we both woke to see and smell smoke (both in different rooms)
    researched home history, years back 40 plus years, home had a fire, used to be 2 floor home, now it was one story
    i think spirit was reliving it
    also found a son was killed in war, he used to live in that home- i think it was him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have had many experiences. We have several spirits that visit our home. We have the prankster that followed up from our previous house. He made himself known the day we moved in by moving the closet doors. Speaking that prankster ... he stole my panties one day and returned them two weeks later. He liked to slam things around my hubby ... didn't seem to like him much.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011