Mirena. is it crooked? stuck??!!

My husband and I have a great sex life. TMI. Sorry. Well I showered last night and I wanted to make sure my mirena was still in place. And i couldnt find it!!! I tried pushing all the way up there and I managed to. BUT its wayyy up there!!! I think its crooked! im scared I could be pregnant. But thats not really* my worry, its that the doc wont be able to find it, and if he does, he is going to have to reach deep!! The wire is completely folded to the left. not even straight out anymore, and the T bone thing feels lop sided!! Im scared!!! :( has this ever happened toy any of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• I would go see the Dr. I had it when I got pregnant with my last child. They said it came out of place and that caused it to quit working.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Go see your doctor. I had an IUD when I got pregnant with my first son and my best friend who also had an IUD just found out that she is pregnant. Hers just fell out and she had no idea.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have the mirena & no thats never happend to me, what you should do is make a dr's appt & what they will do 1st is try to find the string & if they find it then they will do an ultrasound to make sure its in place. JUST DO IT SOON BEFORE U GET PREGNANT!!! lol.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 10:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have had Mirena forever. It's fine if the strings are crooked, bunched up & weird. That's how mine are. In fact, my Dr. told me that was good because the strings will be less likely to effect HIM when he is in there. They will find your mirena, all the have to do is have an ultrasound. If you feel the wire, then it's still up there. The wire is all you should be feeling, not the device itself.

I can bet you anything, your mirena is fine & you are worrying over nothing. But, no one on here can tell you that for sure, If you're truly worried, then go to the Dr.

My Dr. says it's extremely rare for the mirena to move out of place & that it ONLY happens when the Dr. did not place it in the uterus correctly. Also, the longer you had it in there, the more secure it becomes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's WAAAAY up there because it's in your uterus...not your vagina. Again, the strings are the only thing you should be feeling. They come out of your cervix & your cervix is in the deepest part of your vagina. The strings are the only thing you need to look for, if they are there, then I really think you're ok....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yeah the same thing happened to me. The string is fairly long and curls around. Don't worry about it. I went to the dr because my string was out more than usual when I went to the dr they sent me for an ultra sound and guess what it was in the right place. You can go to the dr if you want and they will squelch your fears. It is very common. The IUD makes implantation unlikely or impossible. If some wild chance you get preggo then the body will flush it out. (because it will not implant)
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011