my daghter just turned 1yr old but she doesnt walk yet is that wrong

she only walks in her walker

MELLISA1

Asked by MELLISA1 at 2:05 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mark is almost 13 months old and he doesn't walk on his own. He walks holding onto things, but is still not to sure about taking steps on his own. Don't worry about it! She's still little. Just give her time and lotsa opprotunities to practice and it'll be okay.
    morgan078681

Answer by morgan078681 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Count your blessings! She will and you'll miss the safe days of crawling. Get ready and patrol the house once they go it's blue egg bumps all the time.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Every person learns at their own speed. Some walk at 7 months and others at 18 months. After having 4 start school I have decided that I compared my child too much with other children and should have enjoyed them at the level they were at. It seems to me that kids are pretty much on the same level at kindergarten if they are worked with at home.
    LadyLois

Answer by LadyLois at 2:20 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• unless you've had children before this one and they all walked before they were 1, then yea. but my daughter will be 1 in two weeks and she hasn't start walking yet. however she is standing by herself for longer periods of time. she just hadn't taken a step without falling to the floor to crawl yet. don't rush it.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Don't rush it! Once they start nothing will ever be safe in your house again, and you will never have enough band-aids, lol. My DD is such a klutz. As long as she is healthy, you are fine!
    ella_mom

Answer by ella_mom at 4:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• take her out of the walker... my middle son didnt start walking till he was 16 months (he's 18 months now) i think it was the walker. also his doc said if hes a good crawler (and he was) he could be delayed in walking because my son didn't see the need to walk becasue he was getting around good enough on all fours.
    jersprincess

Answer by jersprincess at 5:02 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I read somewhere that walkers can slow down wlaking on your own because babies don't build up the right muscles when they spend time in a walker. Mine son is 11 months and he only walks holding onto stuff.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It is not wrong for your daughter to not walk yet. Give her some time. She will walk when she is ready too.
    Superpauul1027

Answer by Superpauul1027 at 9:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Dont worry yourself. Every child runs on their own clock. My daughter started walking about a month b4 she turned 1. Your daughter will walk when she is ready. Plus I think my daughter's legs are a bit curved and she sometimes falls alot. We think it's because she walked a little too early.
    kdweston23

Answer by kdweston23 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Up to 15 months is considered normal.
    If you want to speed things up, ditch the walker. Being in the walker denies her the chance to learn to balance and support her full weight.
    Also, let her cruise around the furniture as much as possible and let her get tired of crawling everywhere that doesn't have a good "cruising" hand-hold.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 7, 2008