A bad cough at 1 month old

My baby Paige will be a month old on the 9th, and has bad congestion and bad cough..So bad she cant catch her breath sometimes, and turns red in her face, pukes up formula. We have taken her to the drs, and he said to take her in the bathroom and run a hot shower and use a hudamifer(sp), but nothing is helping. She will only sleep on her side next to me. If i lay her on her back she coughs until she turns vright red. What should i do now? I took her to the drs over a week ago.

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take her back. Could be RSV.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• her ped wants me to take her to the er
    jessduncan77

Comment by jessduncan77 (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• So take the poor baby to the ER!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It's not too late to relactate. Breast milk is antimicrobial and can help babies fight infection. Take her to the doc. Get a supplemental nursing system and get some breast milk in her.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would take her back in. It's not normal for a young baby to cough like that.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well I did take her. She spent 1 night in the hospital in the pediatric ward. And they said she was neg for rsv and flu, and her chest xray was clear. They said the test for whooping cough will be back on monday, and she has an upper respitory tract infection.

Ecodani., I can not breastfeed her. I have medical issues that stop me from doing that. Thats why we choose to formula feed our kids.
    jessduncan77

Comment by jessduncan77 (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2011