Hot Breakfast?!

How many people insist on eating a HOT breakfast everrry morning? Do you make eggs, pancakes or french toast for your husband and/or kids everyday? My husband's mother did, however I grew up with cereal or a bagel before school and hot breakfast on the weekends because my mom worked full-time and let's face it, didn't have time.

Let me know! I'm curious!

jillhdz

Asked by jillhdz at 10:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• growing up my dad made us hot bfast before school and mom made it on weekends. If we overslept we got toast or a bagel.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I make a point of it at least 3 days a week because it makes us all so happy. I grew up like you. Unless I was at Grandma's there was not hot breakfast, though Grandma made a huge hot breakfast every single morning of her life. I often throw something in the crockpot around 11 pm for breakfast in the morning. It doesn't have to be complicated or mean waking up super early.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I can not eat breakfast first thing in the morning. My stomach will be upset all day if I eat too early. One of my children is the same way. The other likes to eat first thing. I do cook for them every morning, but only one of them really eats breakfast. I do not give them pop tarts or anything along those lines for breakfast. I cook pancakes, eggs, toast, biscuits, gravy, fried potatoes, and I believe you get the idea. Now if I worked full time I am sure this would not be the case. Each household is different.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't like eating first thing either, I'm up at 6 am, but I don't want anything to eat until around 10 am. We do a hot breakfast a lot more in the winter months, in the summer we would all prefer to have fruit or yogurt or something that's not hot and heavy for breakfast. I probably cook a hot breakfast 4-5 days a week in the winter but maybe once a week in the summer (and only if someone asks for it).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My kids don't like big breakfasts - if they want something hot it's usually oatmeal or malt-o-meal (cream of wheat). If I cook a big breakfast, it's for supper. I don't know what DH grew up eating, but I grew up eating a lot of pop tarts and instant oatmeal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I make a hot breakfast every single morning for Dh and our 3 yr old. Today I made eggs, home made biscuits, turkey bacon and greek yogurt with fresh berries.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i am not a breakfast person,for some reason i don't have an appetite in the morning, i get hungry around 11: 00 am.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I do because I have my son on a diet that no preservatives . I must admit that some of that sugary cereals are looking good now that I am pregnant and tired all the time.

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011