Every mother is a working woman.....thoughts?

I was sitting here enjoying the peace and quiet, along with my cup of coffee and thinking about the words on my cup... "Every mother is a working woman"
I do honestly believe that Every mother is a working woman-- as we all have our families to take care of, our houses to keep up, and some of us also have paying jobs as well.
What are your thoughts?

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 10:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Hardest working people on earth!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Agreed.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• definitely! stay at home or working out of the home.. we're all working women!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I totally agree!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• its true! in fact, until i became a SAHM, i rallied for those that worked outside when SAHMs bashed us for 'letting the house go or letting a stranger take care of our kids'..i'm never understand it, still-how they thing they are holier and better...but i WORK HARDER NOW AT HOME, THEN I DID WHEN I WORKED IN THE SALON!! oh sure, my days were long and i never sat down, and there was always a sob-story to listen to from a client..along with the mess on their heads...
    anyhoo, its true.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I do think every mother is a working mother :) Some just work a bit harder...but it will never be viewed like that.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have been a working mom (classroom teacher) and a SAHM - first with little ones and now with older kids that I homeschool. I can tell you that my life was much less complicated when I worked outside of the home, no one was here all day to make countless messes, I only had to do lesson planning for one grade level (now it's three!) and someone else handled the "extras" like PE, art, music, LUNCH, ect. Now it's ALL me, plus I have to find time to work on my book and take care of webdesign work. For me, this stage of life carries much more "work" with it than when I stayed home with our kids when they were little. So, yes, I agree, because I have yet to find a point in my adult life when I wasn't "working".
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm a working mom, thankfully I get to telecommute from home, and I'm also a SAHM at the same time. I totally agree working for pay or not, we are all working women....minus the rare deadbeat that anon speaks of anyway, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Here here! I agree.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 11:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I've been on both sides. I was able to stay home for awhile but then needed to go to work. I personally think it is harder to have an outside fulltime job and raise kids. It's a real juggling act.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 12:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011